Brownies come in all shapes and sizes. Just search the internet and you’ll find plenty of different recipes for these tasty treats. This brownie recipe has been used by my Mama for as long as I can remember. I have memories of using her old weighing scales, putting the brass ounce weights onto one side of the scale and pouring the ingredients into the brass bowl on the other side. When she passed it on to me it was still written in ounces, although I have since converted it into grams!
These are super simple brownies, a great stock cupboard make for when you need a chocolate fix quick!
You will need the following:
This is a one-pan recipe too, saves on the washing up!
- Preheat the oven to 180c/356F/Gas mark 4
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and remove from the heat.
- Add the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, eggs and vanilla essence. Stir.
- Once combined, pour into your tin and pop into the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, leave in the tin for 5 minutes and then onto a wire rack to cool completely.
And that, is it!
Your brownies should be crispy on the outside and soft and gooey on the inside. Delicious with a cup of coffee.
Let me know if you give this recipe a try, I’d love to hear how you get on!