I whipped up a batch of these muffins a couple of weeks ago when we had a visit from The Boy’s sister and her two boys. It was so lovely to have them visit and spend time with them. The recipe is really simple and so easy to follow – it has five steps and that includes turning on the oven and setting out your muffin cases! They were well received, one of the nephews had about 3 I think!
3 large bananas
200g plain flour
1 tsp bicarb of soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
75g melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas Mark 4 and set out 12 muffins cases in your muffin tray.
- Sift flour, bicarb and baking powder into a bowl and add salt. Set this bowl to one side.
- In a separate bowl mash the bananas then stir in the sugar, egg and melted butter.
- Fold the banana mixture in with the flour until combined.
- Spoon into muffin cases and bake 20-25mins or until they are golden.
Ta daaaaa! Twelve mouthwateringly (that’s a word, right?) delicious Banana Muffins for you to share/enjoy/scoff.